Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Rainbows Won't Fight

Faerie stories
and windblown nights
you and I

I wrote a manuscript for a book
but forgot to dot the "i"s

It's not an animal longing
it is a panting deeper inside
I can hear the rainbows falling
as they give in to the  rain that won't stop
that becomes a storm that rages
that kills the rainbows
but the rainbows won't fight

the rainbows seem to die.

I used to dream of pirouettes
and apple pies and warm kisses
but now all that's left seems to be
groping and tugging

cuddle.

my fingers are restless
they need to write
but the longing tonight seems to paralyze
rather than revitalize

with every word i write
i feel anxiety dripping from my pores
tonight

this is a plea for you to care
dare

how shall we fare.
tell me
how.

No comments:

Post a Comment