Monday, December 5, 2016

Ode to Metaphors/ unlike you

Compulsively listening to Ed Sheeran
Smiling then crying
I can feel the knot

I was gonna write this for beauty
I'm too distracted

No matter how much I do
It's never enough

Ugh
Ugh

My fears have been realized
I am nothing to you
And by you, I mean all of you.

Nothing
If I screamed
As I do
No one cares
I have no beauty it seems
regarded to my existence

you say you miss me
but i'm the one hunting you down
you, me, we
i don't intend to make sense
i've neglected that long ago

i am compulsively writing
just trying
to make sense of these words

i want metaphors
but i will not search for them
i've searched for too long
just like i've searched for you too long

the metaphors must chase me down
if they want to be written

shoot
i just made a metaphor of a metaphor
they have chased me down
unlike you.

No comments:

Post a Comment