Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Sing

Honestly
It's hard to breathe

Honestly
I'm incomplete

Honestly
When the fire goes down
And I'm needing you still
And I push you away

It's me

I wanna sing about the grass
About the wits we both have
About the jokes that make sense
About the tear in the same spot
on both our jeans
because we sneaked through the same fence

Honestly.

I wanna sing about the walls
That we built around ourselves
and at the very same moment
we looked up and realized
that we'd forgotten to block each other out
And we held our hands together
And we blew a gentle breath
A more than gentle whisper
And the walls came crashing down

I'll always remember you as the one
I forgot to chase out
Before I built my walls around

I wanna sing about the roses
About the flowers in the night
That we thought weren't there
We had no light

But today,
today is our sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment