Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Is everyone depressed?

If I, a supposedly calm individual has so much confusion buried within, then what of everyone else? A conversation I had on Sunday was interesting: I asked a fellow classmate if it were possible for anyone to actually be happy. He said yes--lots of people are. But are they though? Is everyone simply depressed and pretending and coping? Maybe the way I cope is isolation, but maybe other people cope by screaming it out loud to everyone, or acting blur, or laughing loudly, or flirting. Is everyone depressed? Or is it like my classmate said--that most people are relatively okay. Because I honestly don't remember the last time I was "okay". It has been years.

So, am I part of that weird segment of the depressed population? Or is everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment