Monday, May 9, 2016

Imagined/ Numb

I'm at a plateau
The air is too thin
The air is too thick

I must rise
I must climb
Do not despise
These small beginnings

The pangs inside
Numbed by boring fascination
The wounds that lead me to the doctor
Patched by weak bandages.

I want to die
To these painkillers
That don't satisfy

I'm drinking moonshine
When before me
Is laid out
Wines of the best kind

I've been satisfied
With imagined dances
Imagined songs
Imagined laughs
Imagined kisses
But, imagination won't satisfy.
But imagination won't satisfy.

Numb
That's the only word I see.
I won't numb the hunger
I must have the real thing

Castles in the sand
Sculptured by my weak hands
They fall to the ground
They drown my pangs
The pangs that must be there.

Don't let them die.
The pangs make me human
These lesser things won't satisfy
Let me fly

No comments:

Post a Comment