Friday, May 20, 2016

Exhale

Sail out to sea
And see the sunset erupt
Gently and mightily
Majestic, yet never proud.

Sail out to sea
And see the waters ripple
And the waves breathe inconsistently
Like spasms of laughter
Let the waves breathe.

I'm like the sea
Sometimes ripples
Sometimes giant waves
What really defines me?

Stare
Stare at the sea
Try to feel the beauty.

Fail
Fail you will
If you try too hard.

Now exhale
Just exhale the monstrosity.
Be at peace.

There are things you can't control
People you can't please
There are aches unfulfilled
But peace, be at peace.

See the birds
So they fly
Free yet incomplete.

Do they try
To paint their fur
Do they try
To be like lions?

I am weak.
Lord I am weak

There are strings
Very thin
Transparent almost
And they pull
Like ligaments,
Strong and elastic.

I feel bound by
A thousand demands
In a world where
I just want to be free.

I've got to learn a few lessons
From the sea

I'll exhale this monstrosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment