Sunday, April 24, 2016

Than Give Up On Me (I'm ready)

These wounds of mine are healing
As the blood stops flowing
As I see Your face looking on mine

The sorries are innumerable
It's been ten thousand times
I've tried to get out of this morbid dance
I've tried to let the anxious chains flee

I've seen Your face
At least a little
Behind the mist
But I've seen Your face

But You see the fears
And You see the pain
I've shed enough tears
For this chain I can't explain.

Take me over
Bring me down
Make me one with You

Cause I'm ready for the oceans
I'm ready for the forests
I'm ready to be free
Yes I'm ready to be free

This morbid dance must end
These anxious chains be broken
I'll just let You carry me.

These scars of mine are healing
I'll let You cleanse me
You cover me with a shield
And You go before me with a sword.

I'll see beauty in the brokenness
I'll see beauty in belonging
I'll see beauty in the scars
In the scars that You're healing

The scars are symbols of my shackles
That You've broken and dissolved
The scars are  symbol of a God
Who would rather die
Than give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment