Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tempted (Must I?)


Tempted to just die
To fling it all away
Tempted to just cry
To put it all to waste

But where will I hide
I'm running ahead
Will I find Your loving arms
Or a sword poised to stab?

Tempted to just die
To fling it all away
Tempted to just cry
To put it all to waste

Even that hole seems inviting
Compared to this disorientating plateau
I won't cry
I won't hide
Please materialize.

I've seen a glimpse
And I can't get it off my mind
I've seen hope
And I'll see it again.

The mist cleared a little
Then it came back
With threat of rain
I want to cower and hide

Won't You enter my pain?
Won't You render the veil?

Must I run alone?
Must I run with bare feet?
Must I run with my face looking down?
Must I run through the wilderness
without You to carry me?

Kicking and screaming
Putting wild Nebuchadnezzar to shame
I don't want to go there
Save me please.

Am I looking the wrong way?
The darkness tried to engulf me
But my bones aren't willing to die
They've been alive
And they won't settle for anything less.

I was alive and blind
But alive nevertheless
But now I'm being pushed down

He pulls me near to open my eyes
He pulls me near
He cleans my wounds
He shelters me
My Shepherd and my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment