Monday, April 17, 2017

San Francisco

You're a paradox to me
You're living proof that urban nature is not an oxymoron
Where the sea kisses the feet of the city
and vice versa
they are not in animosity

Vibrations in my flesh
because of cars speeding by on Golden Gate Bridge
I stand watching the birds flock below me
I learn the breath of the wind

I walk, further, further still
I sing to the gallows
they won't bind me

I brisk walk to Safeway
Also down the steps of Civic Center Station
First time riding the subway

I take the wrong bus again and again
I leave earlier next time

I hike through Golden Gate Park
To Ocean Beach
It's a cold day
windy
misty
chills hug me

On to La Taqueria
I eat a burrito that tastes like home
even though I never ate burritos at home

I link arms with a friend
And get smitten with Smitten's ice cream

I never expected this fear to rise
This fear that I'm leaving home
But slowly and silently
undetected
I've left pieces of me in this sacred city.


No comments:

Post a Comment