Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Long

I long for the cool mud and clear rivers. I long for the salty air and the way the waves crash on the shore. The waves where I come from are polite but I've heard of larger waves. Waves that are spoilt brats, that steal lives and waves that jealously compete. I've heard of waves that wash over you like they can't hold back their love. Waves that crash. I long for waves that feel.

I long for long walks and for tired but gratified bones. I long for eyes that are strong enough to see beauty. I long to dive.

I long for quiet cottages where the young couple lives with their baby. I long for large looming cities where not everybody is kind. But it's those cities that signify humanity. I long for tired eyes to find strength in His eyes. I long for weak but honest people who are trying to get by. I long for people who  have barely scratched the surface of their destined lives.

And yet, for some reason I sit in a concrete box.

Things will soon change.

No comments:

Post a Comment