Monday, March 28, 2016

The Nakedness of Me

Cause I'm living with mirrors
Mirrors all around
The reflect my every move
And hurl it back and disapprove

I'm living with mirrors
My every eye is on me
And I am obsessed with me
And to look to your own
Brings death in the end

 But I'm living with mirrors
And they tell me I don't measure up

And when I see me naked and incomplete
I build a wall around myself
And I flounder beneath the weight
Of bricks above, below and around

And today I felt the bricks begin to falter
Beneath a larger force
Hurl them away
I want to be free

But I can't deal with the nakedness of me.

And I feel Adam's carnal plight
As he hid from his Creator in nakedness
But my bricks, maybe they're just fig leaves
Tear them away
I want to be free

But I can't deal with the nakedness of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment