Sunday, March 20, 2016

A stream

A stream flows
A stream flows
As the wind blows

A stream of tears
Clean from within
Full of guilt and fears
And shame and pain

I hear You call my name
I wish You would
call my name
Here in the stream I lie
Here on the ground I wallow

Repulsed by the tears
Full of guilt and fears
Full of shame and pain
All this aching I can't contain.

I want to dance
To a beautiful song
And I want to glide
On the smoothest ice

But every time I try
I know I shouldn't want to be happy
When people die.

No matter how much I may try
One more soul may die
Sometimes a soul seems an infinity
Though I may not seem to care

But the terror tears me up inside
As I swim in the stream
How can I sit by and wait to dance
As thousands die

How can I flirt with sin and shame
When a child starves
not knowing the taste of food.

This insufficiency is like pangs
in me.
I sit by
And shut out thoughts of reaching out
With folded hands
And a scrunched up heart
How do I move forward
With a God who doesn't seem
to understand.

Wretched I feel
How can they die?
As I sit by
And wait
For a dance?
That hardly seems fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment