Sunday, January 31, 2016

Rebel

Oh I see it in your eyes
Right through your disguise
Hard words and a hardened heart

You gave up long ago
When you fell and failed to rise
When you fought the headwind
for the last time

Rebel you may seem
But I see it in your eyes
You've built a concrete wall
Around your shattered glass heart.

Oh I see it in your smile.
Nasty it may seem
But I see it in your smile
You died for the last time

You fell and failed to rise
Your already cracked heart shattered
And you cried for the last time


Golden eyes beneath the dark
Light strewn heart beneath the weight
Dancing feet beneath the weight
Oh dance your way
To the chapel on a hill

Oh a rebel you may seem
But I see your glass heart
Oh rebel, all I see
Is a soul that wants to be free

Oh rebel don't you see
That the deadly love you seek
Will only make you die inside
With eyes closed
You won't see.

Oh rebel I know it's hard
But listen to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment