Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Crushed Map

Sometimes it's like I'm running
Running in the oceans
I started out with a vision
And the storms came
And the waves were aflame
And I lost the vision

When I started out I grasped the map
I never let it go
I pored and stared
And dreamed and dared
Till one day I found ashes in my hands

I grasped so tight
I tried so hard
I died again and again
I lost the things I never should have lost
In an attempt to find my vision true

But the days went by
And my fingers grew tired
And they shriveled up,
Tainted with wounds
And I clung so hard
To the hope I had
But I crushed the map in my hands

I saw it go to pieces
Like sawdust it flew
It was scattered like ashes in
the deep, blue sea.

And I myself was torn in two
And still I ran
And still I run
Till today when I stopped and stared.

No comments:

Post a Comment