Thursday, December 17, 2015

I live in a box.
And every day, not many enter.
I sometimes stick a finger or toe out.
And then you'll see me.

Other people have shown themselves to each other.
And I peek out of my box enviously.
I go to the parties and see new friendships born.

But I am not usually part of it.

You see,
I have spent my days absorbed in myself.
I am too self-centred.

And my heart longs for somebody to care.
For somebody to pull me out of the box
And embrace me in my truth.

But you see,
I don't open my box
Because I am guilty.

I am guilty of the times where
I have been absorbed in a story
Not giving a friendship my best.

I am guilty because I am next to never somebody's shoulder to cry on.

I am guilty because I claim to follow Christ
But I don't love the people around me.

I am guilty.
And that, is why my box remains closed.


Maybe it's time to open it up.
Maybe it's time to care about someone else for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment